Whatever the company’s form or activity, one of its most important departments is the legal department.
The legal department aims to provide legal support to the company, starting with the company’s establishment contract, its incorporation procedures, and all matters related to the company.
The legal administration has its role in making decisions issued by the administrative leaders.
Any administrative decision must have a legal reference on which it is based or a legal party present at the decision-making meeting, to insure and consult about the rules and regulations that delineate the legal centers, and define the objective rules dealt with in the administrative decision.
Therefore, the decision maker is not concerned with the reasons and objectives of his decision, but it must be aligned with the law & regulations so that the decision maker is free from the appeals that expose him to amendment or cancellation.
The company’s legal department also has a prominent role in defending its rights & capabilities before all courts & judicial authorities, so it can also be considered a safety valve for the official in view of the tasks it performs, and in this role it can be considered an assistant eye for the decision maker, as it guarantees the legality of the workflow, production, services, & preservation of property & rights
The tasks & obligations of the legal management in companies are as follows:
– Providing legal support and preparing plans & executive programs for legal affairs in order to achieve the main objectives of the company
– Providing legal advice and following up on lawsuits in which the company is a party, in coordination with the company’s management and all its sectors
– Conducting administrative investigations in the issues referred to it, investigations with workers, imposing administrative penalties on them, studying grievances and complaints, and making the necessary recommendations regarding them.
– Preparing, reviewing, studying and drafting contracts, agreements and regulations for the company
– Contributing effectively to the qualification program for new employees who join the work and conducting the appropriate training courses for them in topics related to their work assignments.
– Providing full legal protection for the company, representing it before all courts & judicial authorities in legal cases, disputes & defending the rights of the company
– Contribute to resolving disputes with clients &/or third party issues related to the company’s business & its activities activities.
– Develop legal relations to help reduce lawsuits & disputes to overcome the legal problems with other parties in a way that achieves the interests of the company & preserves customers
– Preparing periodic reports & related legal aspects – Follow-up & study all legal amendments in all branches that are law related to the work, relationship & activities of the company as well as providing the company’s management with new procedures & studies on issues.